I’m from blue overalls and cartooned long sleeves
From silly hats and groovy sun glasses
I’m from pig- tails and braids
From dresses, stockings, and rain boots
I’m from stitches of needle and thread
From fabrics so soft
I’m from walking bear- footed outside
From running with Clarence and Konan,
Searching for Figaro
I’m from playing Power Rangers with Brandon
And jumping out of willow trees
I’m from playing house with Monica
And walking up hills after school
I’m from the tree who gave her heart
And from the caterpillar who ate so much
I came from Miss Spider’s wedding
And arrived in Never Land
I’m from the Cheshire cat’s charming smile
And my adventures with Winnie the Pooh
I’m from solving mysteries with Scooby Doo
I’m from a pot of rice
A grain among many others
Rice, my ancestors have been cooking for thousands of years
Where they have been,
I come from there,
Making my own pot of rice as I go on living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment