Monday, February 15, 2010

Romeo and a Foolish Heart.

I am some-what thankful that I used a love song in my summer home work haha, so I have it a little easier with the story Romeo and Juliet ;D

Foolish Heart by Steve Perry is a song about heart ache, to sum up.

In the stanza "I need a love that's strong, I don't want it unless I know, with each passing hour, Someone some how, Will be there, ready to share" it expresses that he (Steve Perry) wants to love someone and be loved in return. Like Romeo, before he met Juliet, he thought he loved Rosaline, but she did not love him back, for she was a nun, and could not. Romeo felt depressed knowing this for a long time, and it affected him as well as his friends and family.

Once Romeo met Juliet he says "has my heart not loved till now? foreswear it, sight. For I ne'er seen true beauty till this night" he's saying "wow, she's pretty and I think I never really loved Rosaline or any girl untill today." In the next stanza of Foolish Heart it says "You've been wrong before, don't be wrong anymore" which is pretty much saying the same thing as Romeo had just stated. It's saying "watch out, you might get hurt again, but hey, take a chance."

Through out the entire story of Romeo and Juliet this song best fits Romeo because it's about heart ache and feeling the feeling of love and it's pain. Romeo has a foolish heart and that gets him into this wild dramatic adventure with Juliet. Pretty epic right?

No comments:

Post a Comment